Hunger Free Kentucky Day 2020 will be Wednesday, January 15. Check back soon for registration information!
This all-day event at the Kentucky State Capitol in Frankfort will include the opportunity to
- Meet with your legislators
- Have your voice be heard at the Rally to Solve Hunger
- Network with other hunger warriors from across the Commonwealth
- Visit the House or Senate Gallery while in session
- Tour the Capitol Building
Hunger Free KY Day 2019
Anti-hunger advocates from across Kentucky came together in Frankfort on Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 to share their expertise with policymakers, provide a voice for struggling Kentuckians, and advocate for increased resources to fight hunger in Kentucky.
Highlights of the day:
- 125 anti-hunger advocates from across Kentucky came together to be a voice for our struggling neighbors.
- All 5 Constitutional Officers addressed a rotunda full of advocates at the Rally to Solve Hunger.
- 70 members of the Kentucky General Assembly heard first-hand about hunger in their districts.
- Food bank representatives gave the opening prayer in the House and Senate Chambers.
- Resolutions recognizing “Hunger Free Kentucky Day” were adopted in the Kentucky House and Senate.
- February 2019 was declared “Hunger Free Kentucky Month” by Governor Matt Bevin.
- The Kentucky Association of Food Banks announced our rebrand to Feeding Kentucky.